Not too long ago, a friend of mine asked me what are my ‘go to meals’ I do on busy weeknights. As a mom of two beautiful energetic twin babies, she doesn’t have an ounce of energy left when it is time to prepare dinner (understandably so).
I didn’t answer her question right away since I wanted to get a few very easy and delicious recipe ideas together for her. This creamy dairy free shrimp pasta is definitely on the list.
This meal can be prepare in less than 30 minutes and has 14 grams of protein! The sauce is made of coconut milk (any coconut milk can do). The advantage of using coconut milk is that its thick texture make the sauce creamier without using thickener of any kind. If you prefer, you can also replace the coconut milk with almond milk or regular cow’s milk. If you do, make sure the milk is WARM before adding to the shrimps otherwise it will turn and rotten. By using almond or cow’s milk, you will also need to add a thickener to the sauce to make it creamy (corn or tapioca starch).
Hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Let us know in the comment box below and by rating the recipe; it is so important to me. Tag me (@vic.r_c.) if you post it on Instagram.
Thank and Enjoy!
Creamy Dairy Free Shrimp Pasta
- 1 ½ cups Raw shrimps (340g) Shelled and deveined
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper Finely Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Red Onion Finely Diced
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Dry Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Cayenne Pepper flakes to to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Water
- 1 pack Gluten Free Spaghetti
- Cook pasta as per package instruction. Set aside once cooked.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare all of your ingredients for cooking (wash, chop, dice and mince as per indicated above)
- In a wok or a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic and red pepper. Stir constantly until the onion soften (about 1 minute).
- Add the spinach, shrimps and the spices. Cook for another minute or so, until all the shrimps are pink. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix in 1 tsp of cornstarch with 2 tsps of water. add to the sauce and mix well. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over the cooked pasta.